Here's how I see the 7 groups coming together. Some of the groups seem to be set, others are still developing so what you see below are suggestions. Please add your thoughts.
Also, We would like to meet with each of you this coming week. We have suggestions and resources to share. Please send me your availability for next week, M-F (villegas@u):
--Cassie, Molly, Natalia
Border and Identity Politics (immigration/migration and psychological borders)
--Anna, Joe, Trang
East and West as represented in film, security, and ??
--Robert , John, and Catherine
Music and Media east/west divide
--Daniel, Fan, Amy
Monuments and Memorials (physical manifestations of memory, border via art and architecture)
--Lauren N, Adam, ??
Psychological & National Borders
Kelsi, Sally, Katie
Youth Culture (borders and identity as expressed in youth of today and comparison with experience during pre fall of wall and WWII periods)
--Muhammed, Michael, Lauren M.
Other option for a group
Education (east/west, pre and post wall)
Honors Study Abroad Resources
- June 4 Gathering
- Updates--Language Instruction June 11
- German History--this week's seminar
- Berlin Klassiktage (Classical Music Festival)
- Berlin Wall as a Piece of History: Too-Good Riddan...
- art and the wall
- UTUBE Video--Stand By Me
- Blog Post, etc.
- Groups- preliminary suggestions
- In Budapest: a snapshot of a world now at risk
- Two Memorials-two opinions
- Turkish Hip Hop
- New Arts in Berlin-Sasha Waltz
- Bavarian Quarter Plaque Memorials
- RHYTHM IS IT!
- Religion in Germany
- Art of Two Germanys/Cold War Divide
- The Wall Jumper
- Kreuzberg Turks and New Berlin Wall
- Wall of Shame--NYT article
- ▼ May (20)